WASHINGTON STATE POLICE CANINE ASSOCIATION’S 2022 SPRING SEMINAR
Hosted by Snohomish County K9 Units
April 25th – 27th, 2022
Begin on 4/24/22 at 1400 hrs.
$300 – WSPCA Members
$350 – Non-Members
$100 – Observers
This will be a working seminar so bring your dog and all your equipment.
WSPCA will follow Washington State COVID restrictions and guidelines during this seminar. We will accomplish this by requiring proper PPE (masks, gloves, etc.), and offering disinfecting supplies. The seminar will use small groups that remain consistent each day, to include the group participants and Trainers, rotating through multiple sites as a group. Time will be allotted for cleaning and sanitation before and after each rotation.
You will need all your K9 gear to include long lines, leashes, muzzles, safety glasses, inert guns if available. Each patrol generalist handler will need a gas mask if you wish to participate in CS exposure for your dog. You may share amongst your respective units and or borrow from your tactical teams if necessary.
- The Trainers/E-Board meeting is at 1500 hrs. on 04/24/22 (this will include site walk throughs).
- The General Membership meeting will be at 0800 hrs. on 04/25/22.
- Short Trainers/E-Board meeting at 1800 hrs. on 04/26/22.
- There will be short briefings prior to the start of each training day to cover questions and expectations for the exercises.
Training: **Working portions of this seminar will be in the daytime.
- Generalist/Patrol Scenarios: Generalist teams will be training in the northern portion of Snohomish County near Arlington. The focus for generalist teams will be scenario-based training throughout the seminar. Plan to be challenged as a team as well as be observers of others to gain further insight on how others approach problems.
- Explosives and Narcotic Scenarios: Training locations will also be in north Snohomish County, to include vehicles, rooms, office areas, buses or semi’s, area searches, and parcels
Patrol Generalist Trainers contact Brandon McCullar (email@example.com), Narcotics Detection Trainers contact Brad Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org), Explosive Detection Trainers contact Linda Binkley (email@example.com) to confirm your spot as a trainer otherwise you must attend as a working K9 team and pay the seminar fee. If you would like your own room, the WSPCA will REIMBURSE YOU AT SEMINAR CHECK IN for ONE HALF the hotel cost, the other half is up to you/your agency. **YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING YOUR ROOM**.
Quarries wishing to attend must confirm your spot as a quarry with Brandon McCullar (firstname.lastname@example.org). To be cost effective it is vital you RSVP to be sure we have a spot for you. Quarry experience is not required, but we strongly encourage those who endeavor to be a handler and train dogs to attend.
The quarries working all 3 days will be provided per diem from the WSPCA, (if from out of town and a hotel stay is required). Quarries will need to room with handlers from the agency they are representing. If unable to room with a handler, the WSPCA will pair you with another solo quarry. If you would like your own room, the, WSPCA will REIMBURSE YOU AT SEMINAR CHECK IN for ONE HALF the hotel cost, the other half is up to you/your agency. **YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING YOUR ROOM**.
The host resort where all the meetings and banquet will be held is Angel of the Winds Casino Resort. The rate is $179 and dogs must stay in your vehicle. No dogs inside the resort or hotel. No exceptions. Rooms are limited so please do not wait to book your room. They will only block out 50 for us. There are plenty more but that’s all they will block. Call 360-474-9740 to book your room. Let them know you are attending the WSPCA seminar and give them code 3228. The cut-off date is 04/10/22.
We do have an over-flow hotel, which is the Best Western Plus (approximately 10min drive from host hotel). It is new and very clean, and working dog friendly. You may book here if you prefer not to be at the casino or if you book late and miss out on the casino. The government room rate is $116 and they have a very nice continental breakfast included. To make reservations call 360-363-4321 and tell them you are with the WSPCA seminar. Cut-off date is 04/10/22. Please email Brandon McCullar (email@example.com) if you end up booking here so I can look into the necessity of a shuttle for banquet night.
Angel of the Winds Casino Resort
3438 Stoluckquamish Lane
Arlington WA 98223
- Registration will open at 1400 hrs. at the host hotel.
- If COVD restrictions permit, Hospitality room will be open from 1700-2330 hrs.
- Trainers/E-Board/Quarry meeting at 1500 hrs. (Site walk throughs)
- Late registration 0700-0800 hrs.
- General Membership Meeting at 0800 hrs.
- Training at sites from 1000-1800 hrs.
- Training at sites from 0800-1700 hrs.
- Trainers/E-Board meeting at 1800 hrs.
- If COVID restrictions stay as they are now, Banquet 1900 hrs.
It is critical that we receive a registration form from all attendees whether your agency is paying by check or through PayPal. To ensure you are registered, we suggest that you scan your registration form to Barbara Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org. If using the PayPal option online at wspca.com, ensure that a copy of the receipt is forwarded to Barbara along with the attendee’s registration form. In ALL cases, ensure the registration form accompanies the payment so that all payments can be credited to the correct attendee.
HOST CONTACT INFORMATION:
Deputy Brandon McCullar
Everett WA 98201